FOIA Activity: 8 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 8 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between June 16, 2013 and June 22, 2013. These are associated with 7 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAE 1:2013cv00414 — (PS) Fisher v. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- June 17, 2013: ORDER GRANTING  Motion to Proceed IFP signed by Magistrate Judge Stanley A Boone on 6/17/2013. (Attachments: # 1 IFP Motion). (Jessen, A)
- June 17, 2013: FINDINGS and RECOMMENDATIONS recommending that Plaintiff’s First Amended Complaint (Doc.  ) be Dismissed Without Leave to Amend, signed by Magistrate Judge Stanley A Boone on 6/17/2013. Referred to Judge O’Neill. Objections to F&R due within thirty (30) days. (Jessen, A)
- CAN 3:2013cv00591 — Martins v. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services et al
- June 19, 2013: ORDER regarding  Defendants’ motions for partial judgment on the pleadings, for dismissal of claims against certain federal defendants, and to quash discovery request. Signed by Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler on 6/19/2013. (lblc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 6/19/2013)
- CAN 3:2013cv01415 — California Sportfishing Protection Alliance v. Santa Rosa Stainless Steel Fabricators, Inc.
- June 21, 2013: STIPULATION AND ORDER GRANTING DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE. Signed by Judge Richard Seeborg on 6/21/13. (cl, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 6/21/2013)
- CAN 4:2013cv02656 — Sierra Club v. United States Department of State et al
- June 20, 2013: ORDER, Case reassigned to Hon. Phyllis J. Hamilton. Magistrate Judge Nathanael M. Cousins no longer assigned to the case.. Signed by Executive Committee on 6/20/13. (ha, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 6/20/2013)
- DC 1:2011cv02028 — ARCHIBALD v. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE et al
- June 17, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on 6/17/2013. (lcrbw2)
- FLM 6:2011cv01459 — Hoover v. Central Intelligence Agency
- June 19, 2013: ORDER adopting  REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION; granting  MOTION to dismiss Amended Complaint; dismissing Amended Complaint with prejudice as frivolous pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §1915(e)(2)(b); directing the Clerk to close the file. Signed by Judge John Antoon II on 6/19/2013. (BRS)
- WAW 2:2013cv00945 — St. Germain et al v. United States Department of Interior et al
- June 19, 2013: ORDER denying  Motion for TRO by Judge Richard A Jones. (JJ)