FOIA Activity: 10 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 10 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between September 8, 2013 and September 14, 2013. These are associated with 10 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAE 2:2012cv02601 — Truthout v. Department of Justice
- September 12, 2013: ORDER signed by Judge Lawrence K. Karlton on 9/11/13 ORDERING that the Plaintiff file a brief in support of the requested redaction and sealing no later than 10/14/13; the Clerk is directed to maintain ECF 27-2 in redacted form and ECF 27-3 and 27-14 under seal until such time as the court orders otherwise. (Manzer, C)
- CAN 3:2013cv00678 — Alexander v. United States Of America
- September 12, 2013: ORDER REFERRING CASE FOR SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE AND STAYING DISCOVERY AND FILINGS. Signed by Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley on 9/12/2013. (Attachments: # 1 Certificate of Service)(ahm, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 9/12/2013)
- CAN 3:2013cv02789 — Public.Resource.org v. United States Internal Revenue Service
- September 11, 2013: STIPULATION AND ORDER RESCHEDULING INITIAL CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE AND HEARING AND BRIEFING RE DEFENDANTS MOTION TO DISMISS – Motion Hearing re  Motion to Dismiss set for 10/23/2013 02:00 PM in Courtroom 2, 17th Floor, San Francisco before Hon. William H. Orrick. Response in opposition due by 9/30/2013. Reply due by 10/7/2013. Signed by Judge William H. Orrick on 09/11/2013. The Initial Case Management Conference scheduled September 17, 2013, is vacated and will be rescheduled by the Court. (jmdS, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 9/11/2013)
- DC 1:2008cv01439 — NORTH v. UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
- September 9, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on 9/9/13. (lcckk2)
- DC 1:2010cv00019 — PUBLIC EMPLOYEES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY v. U.S. INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY AND WATER COMMISSION
- September 11, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION explaining the Court’s Order (59) granting plaintiff’s motion (51) for attorneys’ fees and litigation costs. Signed by Judge Royce C. Lamberth on September 11, 2013. (lcrcl5)
- DC 1:2012cv01293 — PUBLIC EMPLOYEES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY v. UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE,NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION, NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE
- September 11, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 9/11/13. (lcabj1)
- DC 1:2012cv01815 — TAPLIN v. US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE et al
- September 10, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION granting  Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment. See document for details. Signed by Judge Rudolph Contreras on 9/10/2013. (lcrc3)
- MIE 1:2013cv13309 — McKissick-Johnson v. Detroit Police Department
- September 12, 2013: ORDER Overruling Objections, Adopting  Report and Recommendation and Dismissing Complaint. Signed by District Judge Thomas L. Ludington. (SGam)
- NYS 1:2012cv00135 — Center for Constitutional Rights v. Department of Justice et al
- September 12, 2013: MEMORANDUM AND ORDER granting  Motion for Summary Judgment; denying  Motion for Partial Summary Judgment. CCR’s motion for partial summary judgment (Dkt. No. 17) is denied and the Government’s cross motion for summary judgment (Dkt. No. 36) is granted. (Signed by Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald on 9/12/2013) Copies Mailed By Chambers. (ft) Modified on 9/12/2013 (ft).
- NYS 1:2012cv08100 — The New York Times Company et al v. United States Department of Homeland Security
- September 13, 2013: MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER: For the reasons set forth in this Memorandum, Opinion and Order, the Government’s motion to file a late notice of appeal is hereby denied. (Signed by Judge Shira A. Scheindlin on 9/13/2013) (tro)