FOIA Activity: 4 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 4 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between November 3, 2013 and November 9, 2013. These are associated with 3 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAE 2:2011cv02110 — (PS) Huene v. U.S. Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service et al
- November 7, 2013: FINDINGS and RECOMMENDATIONS signed by Magistrate Judge Allison Claire on 11/7/13 RECOMMENDING that Plaintiff’s  motion for summary judgment be denied; Defendant’s  cross-motion for summary judgment be granted;and summary judgmen t be entered for defendant on the alternative ground specified. Within 14 days after being served with these findings and recommendations, any party may file written objections with the court and serve a copy on all parties. Motions referred to Judge John A. Mendez. (Kastilahn, A)
- CAN 3:2012cv04008 — American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California et al v. Department of Justice
- November 4, 2013: ORDER LIFTING STAY AND SETTING BRIEFING SCHEDULE re  Joint Case Management Statement filed by Department of Justice. Signed by Magistrate Judge Maria-Elena James on 11/4/2013. (rmm2S, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 11/4/2013)
- November 6, 2013: ORDER SETTING HEARING DATES ON MOTION  AND CROSS-MOTION  FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT FOR JANUARY 30, 3014. Signed by Judge Maria-Elena James on 11/6/2013. (mejlc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 11/6/2013)
- NYS 1:2013cv01535 — McKanney v. Department of the Navy
- November 4, 2013: OPINION & ORDER re:  MOTION for Summary Judgment filed by Department of the Navy: For these reasons, defendant’s motion to dismiss or, alternatively, for summary judgment is GRANTED. The Clerk of Court is directed to close the motion at ECF No. 12 and to terminate this action. (Signed by Judge Katherine B. Forrest on 11/4/2013) Copies Mailed By Chambers. (tn)