FOIA Activity: 5 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 5 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between January 22, 2017 and January 28, 2017. These are associated with 5 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAC 2:2016cv07967 — Edward Dean Hohner v. U.S. Department of Justice et al
- January 26, 2017: (IN CHAMBERS) ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE re Dismissal for Lack of Prosecution by Judge Dale S. Fischer. Response to Order to Show Cause due by 2/9/2017. (pso)
- CO 1:2015cv00127 — Rocky Mountain Wild Inc v. United States Forest Service et al
- January 27, 2017: ORDER granting  Motion for Ruling Regarding Third Party Contractor Records. The parties are ORDERED to file their settlement documents on or before February 28, 2017. ORDERED by Judge William J. Martinez on 01/27/2017. (cthom, )
- NV 2:2016cv02286 — Rosiere v. United States of America
- January 24, 2017: ORDER. IT IS ORDERED that Plaintiff's  Motion to Resend any Sent Paper for the Last Few Months is Denied. Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen on 01/23/2017. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF – NEV)
- TXN 3:2014cv03333 — The Inclusive Communities Project Inc v. The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- January 26, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER: ICP's Motion for Attorneys' Fees (doc.  ) is therefore GRANTED in the amount of $90,280. (Ordered by Judge Jane J. Boyle on 1/26/2017) (ctf)
- WVN 3:2015cv00133 — Murphy v. U. S. Customs and Border Protection
- January 23, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER DENYING DEFENDANT'S SECOND MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT AND GRANTING PLAINTIFF'S MOTION RE-REQUESTING AN IN CAMERA INSPECTION: the Court ORDERS that the Defendant's  second Motion for Summary Judgment is DENIED. The Plaintiff's  Motion Re-Requesting an In Camera Inspection of Documents is GRANTED. The Court ORDERS the Defendant to submit the responsive documents for an in camera review before February 10, 2017. Signed by Chief Judge Gina M. Groh on 1/23/2017. (cwm) Modified: copy mailed to pro se plaintiff by CMRR on 1/23/2017 (cwm). (Additional attachment(s) added on 1/23/2017: # 1 Certified Mail Return Receipt) (cwm).