FOIA Activity: 7 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 7 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between January 29, 2017 and February 4, 2017. These are associated with 7 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAN 3:2015cv06055 — Carlson v. United States Postal Service
- February 1, 2017: ORDER by Judge Joseph C. Spero granting in part  Motion to Vacate (jcslc1S, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 2/1/2017) (Additional attachment(s) added on 2/1/2017: # 1 Certificate/Proof of Service) (klhS, COURT STAFF).
- CAS 3:2015cv00838 — Buckovetz v. U.S. Department of the Navy
- February 3, 2017: ORDER Granting  Renewed Motion for Summary Judgment. Signed by Judge Roger T. Benitez on 2/3/2017. (All non-registered users served via U.S. Mail Service)(knb)
- DC 1:2015cv00688 — JUDICIAL WATCH, INC. v. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- February 2, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION granting in part and denying in part  Defendant's Motion for Summary Judgment; granting in part and denying in part  Plaintiff's Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment. See document for details. Signed by Judge Rudolph Contreras on 2/2/2017. (lcrc2)
- DC 1:2015cv01478 — JAMES MADISON PROJECT et al v. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
- January 30, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION. Signed by Judge Amy Berman Jackson on 1/30/2017. (lcabj3)
- DC 1:2015cv02071 — DAVIS v. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE et al
- January 30, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION accompanying final order issued separately this day. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on 1/30/17.(ah)
- ID 1:2015cv00493 — Bettwieser v. Gans et al
- February 1, 2017: MEMORANDUM DECISION AND ORDER RE: PLAINTIFFS MOTION FOR ADDITIONALFINDINGS/RULINGS – IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Plaintiffs Motion for Additional Findings/Rulings (Docket No.  ) is DENIED. Signed by Judge Ronald E. Bush. (caused to be mailed to non Registered Participants at the addresses listed on the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) by (cjs)
- NJ 3:2015cv02415 — RAD v. UNITED STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE et al
- January 31, 2017: OPINION filed. Signed by Judge Anne E. Thompson on 1/31/2017. (mmh)