FOIA Activity: 5 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 5 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between March 12, 2017 and March 18, 2017. These are associated with 5 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAE 2:2016cv02907 — (PS) Glass v. US Department of Justice et al
- March 15, 2017: FINDINGS and RECOMMENDATIONS signed by Magistrate Judge Carolyn K. Delaney on 03/15/17 RECOMMENDING that this action be dismissed without prejudice; referred to Judge Kimberly J. Mueller; Objections to F&Rs due within 14 days. (Benson, A)
- DC 1:2014cv00276 — JETT v. FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
- March 13, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER granting in part and denying in part Defendant's  Renewed Motion for Summary Judgment, denying Plaintiff's  Renewed Motion for Summary Judgment, and granting Plaintiff's  Rule 56(d) Motion for Limited Discovery. See the attached Memorandum Opinion and Order for additional details. Signed by Judge Amit P. Mehta on 03/13/2017. (lcapm1)
- DC 1:2014cv00765 — COMPETITIVE ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE v. OFFICE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY POLICY
- March 13, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION to the Order granting Defendant's Motion for Summary Judgment and granting Plaintiff's Motion for Leave to File a Surreply. Signed by Judge Gladys Kessler on 3/13/17. (CL)
- FLM 8:2016cv02707 — Wunderlich v. United States Special Operations Command
- March 16, 2017: 60-DAY ORDER OF DISMISSAL. All pending motions are denied as moot. Clerk shall close the file. Signed by Judge James S. Moody, Jr. on 3/16/2017. (LN)
- GAS 1:2016cv00164 — Knuckles v. Department of Army
- March 13, 2017: ORDER ADOPTING  Report and Recommendations, DENYING AS MOOT 22 Motion for Miscellaneous Relief filed by Department of Army, OVERRULING Plaintiff's objections, DISMISSING with prejudice this case as a sanction, and CLOSING this civil action. Signed by Judge J. Randal Hall on 03/13/2017. (maa)