FOIA Activity: 7 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 7 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between April 2, 2017 and April 8, 2017. These are associated with 6 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAN 3:2017cv00949 — Animal Legal Defense Fund et al v. United States Department of Agriculture et al
- April 5, 2017: ORDER granting  STIPULATION to reset deadlines re  MOTION for Preliminary Injunction. Response due by 4/26/2017. Reply due by 5/3/2017. Motion Hearing set for 5/17/2017 02:00 PM before Hon. William H. Orrick. Signed by Judge William H. Orrick on 04/05/2017. (jmdS, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/5/2017)
- CAN 4:2016cv00544 — Lawyers' Committee For Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area et al v. Executive Office for Immigration Review et al
- April 4, 2017: STIPULATION AND ORDER OF DISMISSAL re  STIPULATION WITH PROPOSED ORDER Re: Settlement and Dismissal with Prejudice filed by Lawyers' Committee For Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area, United States Department of Justi ce, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto, Center for Gender & Refugee Studies, Executive Office for Immigration Review, American Immigration Lawyers Association, ***Civil Case Terminated. Signed by Magistrate Judge Kandis A. Westmore on 4/4/17. (sisS, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 4/4/2017)
- CO 1:2016cv02137 — Smith v. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement et al
- April 5, 2017: ORDER denying  Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Subject Matter Jurisdiction. If Smith still wishes to take discovery, she must renew her motion in that regard(see ECF No.  ) no later than April 14, 2017, and must include a proper D.C.COLO.LCivR 7.1(a) certificate of conferral in that motion. ORDERED by Judge William J. Martinez on 4/5/2017. (cthom, )
- DC 1:2011cv00341 — PLUNKETT v. DOE
- April 7, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION: The Court will GRANT the Department's motion for summary judgment  and will GRANT Plunkett's motion for leave to file a surreply  See attached document for details. A separate Order  will issue. Signed by Judge Randolph D. Moss on 4/7/2017. (lcrdm1, )
- OKN 4:2016cv00339 — Gillman v. United States of America et al
- April 4, 2017: OPINION AND ORDER by Chief Judge Gregory K Frizzell ; granting  Motion to Dismiss (kjp, Dpty Clk)
- WAE 4:2015cv05114 — Reddick v. United States Department of Energy
- April 5, 2017: ORDER Granting  Defendant's Motion to Dismiss; denying ECF No.  as moot; vacating the Protective Order (ECF No.  ); vacating the bench trial; and closing the case. Signed by Judge Rosanna Malouf Peterson. (PL, Case Administrator)
- April 5, 2017: JUDGMENT in favor of Julie Reddick against United States Department of Energy in the amount of $514.27 for litigation costs. (PL, Case Administrator)