FOIA Activity: 7 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 7 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between January 8, 2017 and January 14, 2017. These are associated with 7 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- DC 1:2015cv01654 — MANNING v. UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE et al
- January 11, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION re:  Defendants' Motion for Summary Judgment and  Plaintiff's Cross-Motion for Summary Judgment. See attached Memorandum Opinion for additional details. Signed by Judge Amit P. Mehta on 01/11/2017. (lcapm3)
- DC 1:2015cv01821 — WISDOM v. UNITED STATES TRUSTEE PROGRAM
- January 13, 2017: MEMORANDUM AND OPINION re  Order on Cross Motions for Summary Judgment. Signed by Judge James E. Boasberg on 1/13/2017. (lcjeb1)
- ILS 3:2014cv00908 — Henson v. Department of Health and Human Services et al
- January 10, 2017: ORDER providing pro se plaintiff Henson notice re  MOTION for Summary Judgment filed by Food & Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services. In light of this notice, the Court ALLOWS plaintiff up to and including January 24, 2017, to respond to the pending motion for summary judgment with any additional materials he feels are relevant and necessary to the dispute. Signed by Judge David R. Herndon on 1/10/17. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit Rule 56)(lmp)
- MD 1:2016cv02472 — Grigery v. United States Department of Health and Human Services
- January 12, 2017: MEMORANDUM. Signed by Judge J. Frederick Motz on 1/12/2017. (c/m 1/12/17 bmhs, Deputy Clerk)
- NV 2:2015cv02187 — Rosiere v. United States of America
- January 12, 2017: ORDER. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that  Plaintiff's Motion for the Court to Resend Papers is Granted. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Clerk of the Court shall mail copies of orders issued by the Court from September 2016 through January 2017 to Plaintiff. Signed by Magistrate Judge George Foley, Jr. on 1/12/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF – ADR)
- NV 2:2016cv00403 — Basin and Range Watch v. Bureau Of Land Management et al
- January 10, 2017: ORDER Granting  Stipulation for Extension of Time re  MOTION to Reopen Discovery.( Responses due by 1/23/2017., Replies due by 2/8/2017.) Signed by Magistrate Judge Peggy A. Leen on 1/10/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF – ADR)
- OHS 1:2016cv00329 — Kinman v. United States of America et al
- January 11, 2017: ORDER adopting  Report and Recommendations. Defendant's motion to dismiss the complaint is DENIED. Signed by Judge Susan J. Dlott on 1/112017. (jlw) Modified docket text on 1/12/2017 (eh).