FOIA Activity: 5 New Procedural or Substantive Decisions
We have added 5 decisions of a procedural or substantive nature filed between April 30, 2017 and May 6, 2017. These are associated with 5 FOIA cases pending in federal district court. Note that because there can be delays between the date a decision is made and when it shows up on PACER, this listing includes only decisions that appeared on PACER during this period.
Click on the date to view the full text of the decision. Click on a case title below to view other details for that case, including links to the docket report and complaint.
- CAC 2:2016cv02855 — Mike Ireland v. Internal Revenue Service
- May 1, 2017: MINUTES OF Defendant Internal Revenue Service's MOTION for Partial Summary Judgment  before Judge Christina A. Snyder: The Court GRANTS the IRS's motion for summary judgment with respect to Items 1, 2, 3, and 4 of plaintiff's FOIA request. (Made JS-6. Case Terminated.) Court Reporter: Laura Elias. (jp)
- DC 1:2017cv00686 — ALLIED PROGRESS v. CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU
- May 4, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION. Signed by Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly on 5/4/2017. (lcckk1)
- NYS 1:2013cv07347 — American Civil Liberties Union et al v. United States Department of Justice
- May 2, 2017: MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER re:  MOTION for Summary Judgment filed by United States Department of Justice. For the reasons stated above, the DOJ's motion for summary judgment (Dkt. No. 62) is GRANTED. The Clerk of Court is directed to terminate all pending motions and to close this case. SO ORDERED. (Signed by Judge Gregory H. Woods on 5/2/2017) (anc)
- NYS 1:2016cv03098 — The New York Times Company v. Central Intelligence Agency
- May 2, 2017: OPINION AND ORDER: The Times' motion for attorney's fees and costs is hereby granted, and The Times is awarded $51,909.86. The Clerk of Court is directed to close docket entry 31, and as further set forth. (Signed by Judge Jed S. Rakoff on 5/1/2017) (ras)
- WAW 3:2016cv05777 — Kinney vs Central Intelligence Agency
- May 3, 2017: ORDER by Judge Benjamin H. Settle granting  Motion for Summary Judgment and terminating case. (TG)